DIY Box Joint Jig

Casey4s

• Members

I was asked to post some pics of my homemade box joint jig. I took a few photos this morning. I am only posting a couple and the link to the rest.

This basic design can work with most router tables, but you would have to adapt the design to your particular router table.

Basic front vew with the vacuum cleaner dust attachment in place. The dust attachment is removeable, and has a hinged lid to rest against the work to trap dust into the vacuum, with any number of work pieces. The work piece is held against the fence (clamp is optional but advised) and the jig and work are pushed through the cutter in the router.

013.jpg

Backside. The two side rails trap the router table so there is no sideways movement.

003.jpg

Bottom

004.jpg

I intend to shoot a couple of short videos this afternoon sometime demonstrating how well this thing works. It will cut two or more identica pieces at the same time so I can cut both cabinet side panels at the same time.

Link to the rest of the pictures.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/Casey4s/Box%20Jig/

• Members

And one of the two videos. I can't get the other one ot load into my PhotoBucket acct.

CLICK on this PIC>>>--->

th_021.jpg

This whole thing is made of hard woods and plexiglass laminated plywood. The plexi slides freely on the table and doesn't bind up or drag like a plain wood bottom would. It's a lot easier to keep it clean with the plexi laminate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived