My new Breedlove from Guitar Adoptions!

SurrealMcCoy

• Members

I have a new family member thanks to Dave at Guitar Adoptions! My Breedlove SC20 Custom has arrived! (Sitka/Ziricote) Deep bodied concert w/ Balance inlays.

breedlovefront.jpg

prettybackbreedlovejpeg.jpg

This deep bodied concert beauty is the "best" of two of my favorite combinations.........the deep low end of a vintage Gibson SJ combined with the mid/high end articulate tonal resonance of a contemporary fingerstyle instrument design. You cannot imagine the low end warmth that this guitar produces. I love it! Not only a great fingerstyle player..........but an equal strummer.....

The typical Breedlove sweet tone, along with the extra resonance from the pinless bridge design make the dense wood Ziricote sustain for days.........projection is very strong.

When I phoned Dave re: this guitar........I was a little apprehensive, as I had sought Dave out last year when I was searching for my Larrive parlor. Even though Dave did offer me the best deal, I went ahead and bought from Elderly as I preferred the wood grain in that guitar (my avatar). I thought that because of that incident, Dave might be a little reluctant to deal with me. I also feared I might get the usual sales pitch (that you get from a lot of dealers)..........after all.........his motto reads: "the guitar of your dreams........the deal of a lifetime"..........

Well, guess what......?

That's pretty much exactly what I received!

Dave not only listened to what my wishes were, but took the time to treat me like an old friend..........along with the willingness of making several guitar comparisons to make sure I was getting exactly the right instrument for me.

Although I'm far from being any sort of great player..........I am extremely picky regarding tone. I had found another Breedlove C10 (Redwood/Ziricote shallow concert body) awhile back that came very close to being the instrument I desired. It just seemed to be too dark sounding without the low end I was hoping for. The Sitka top along with the deeper body of the SC20 rounds out what I felt lacking tonewise in the C10. Dave assured me that this guitar would provide me with what I was seeking.............boy, was he dead on!

;)

• Members

Wow, nice.

I hope one day to be able to afford a breedlove. I really like the cutouts they do...especially the really sharp ones, and their inlays are second to none.

I hope to deal with dave sometime soon...whenever I can get enough expendable cash together Im going to get a Larrivee LV-03R...not quite the same as your guitar...but Im only a 22 year old college student :D

• Members

Nice. I've been on the lookout for a C25 with Koa back/sides and sitka top. Got my eye on a couple, but not being able to play them, I've yet to pull the trigger. :(

Guitar Adoptions claim to be the Number 1 Breedlove dealer, but they only have 3 guitars listed on their website - do they have any more in stock?

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

The only post that matters:

How much did you pay?

Jealousy sure can make a man say some odd things. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar Alan and you too Taylorguitarman!

Both are Beautiful instruments. I have a pretty good Idea of how both sound and play. I love the unique tone, looks and feel of a Breedlove!

I must give another good word for Dave at Guitar Adoptions as well. I've been completely and totally satisfied with every transaction. If your looking for a Breedlove, Dave is the man!

Scott

• Members

Another vote here for Dave being one of the truly great guys in this business. I don't know what kind of player he is, but he sure know a special guitar when he hears one. All of his descriptions to me have been right on! And I've fallen for a few: Grosh set-neck, Larrivee L-10 Koa, Breedlove NW and a Grosh retro classic on order. He a good (but expensive) friend to have.....

• Members

Guitarcapo,

My perception was that he was referrring to the tone of your question...... had you just asked "what was the price" it probably would have been received differently. It may be possible that many people consider the price as one of many factors in the decision process, not the only one!

• Members

It may be possible that many people consider the price as one of many factors in the decision process, not the only one!

If that guitar was sitting in a window with a 5,000 dollar price tag on it, believe me it would be the only factor involved in my decision. If you're in a position not to care I congratulate you.

Archived