Magical guitar pick...whoa..

geek_usa

• Members

In 1967 I started using a nylon pick, can't remember the name. It was the first nylon we had seen and it never broke. I would use the back side sometimes for the bite sound it gave. For some reason I never lost it and by 1973 "Magic Pick" was famous with my band. Years later, whenever I open my ES 335 up Magic Pick still sits between the strings.

• Members

Originally posted by tamolina

My point was that I always lose them before they have a chance to wear. And I don't know where the hell they go...

Someone on here mentioned that he cuts his own picks out of old credit cards and such. I think I might try that....

I know where they go, they sneak out at night, and run off with my socks.

• Members

Oh yeah, the material of a pick definately colors your tone. Just try like, a penny as a pick versus a heavy dunlop or something. You'll notice a big difference.

As for the Tortis picks not flexing much... this is very true. But that's what's great about them... I can get the acoustic tone I love with a stiffer pick, allowing faster and more accurate picking. I used to use Tortex mediums (the orange ones) before the Tortis.

Archived