The search for guitars is now over,I got two today,plus more guitar!

KATMAN

• Members

Well,the search for a new guitar is now officially over. I went to the store today and bought the Takamine ES-430SC,a great little guitar with a big sound,it has a cedar top and maghogany body I beleive,it has a nice warm tone to it,and for $300 for a used Tak,not bad. But wait,it ain't over,here's what else I got ,a Yamaha classical model APX-5NA. It's a cutaway,has electronics in it,not a purist classical ,but I'm not Andres Segoiva either. I tplays really well and it too cost $300. I went to another store and bought cables,mic stands ,one with a boomer arm,a five guitar case stand,and one regular stand.Both of these guitars are easy to play,and both sound good plugged in,and pretty good unplugged as well.While it's not a Larrivee or Martin,I'm really pleased in the choice I made,I can live with it.:D

• Members

Man, That sounds like a fun day. I love days like that, when you go on a little shopping spree for music stuff. I'm waiting for my powered speaker to get delivered. I'm excited. But your day sounds more exciting. All those new toys will keep you busy for awhile.

• Members

Beats going shopping at Wal-Mart with my wife! I do love my wife,what other women would let me have so much stuff?:D Of course tommorrow I have to buy living room furniture,but I think it's worth the compromise,what do you think? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by KATMAN

It's a nice looking guitar! Mine is the same body style,but it's a plain Jane to look at. I hope you get it,I'm happy with mine.

I meant to say mine is a plain jane,that one has a bold color to it,it does look nice.

• Members

Beats going shopping at Wal-Mart with my wife! I do love my wife,what other women would let me have so much stuff?
:D
Of course tommorrow I have to buy living room furniture,but I think it's worth the compromise,what do you think?
;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish all my thoughts required that kind of ponderance.

• Members

BTW,digitalsnipe,did you get the Takamine you were bidding on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um...was I looking to bid on a Takamine? If so, which model and for how much? Was I enthusiastic about it? I must be getting old...

Archived