MP Forums Movee / Xpost

daklander

• Members

Hello, I posted this on the Cool Jam forum too, with a short preface...

I'm glad to see there are some forums here with some good folks.

Some background.

I'm 56, living in California. I was in fleet maintenance for over 30 years and made a day job career change and I'm now selling real estate.

I'm also a part time musician and play primarily solo gigs though I do play with a group of friends. That band is Dakota Night. We have one ego cd to our credit, done in 1996. Some of the gigs I play are co-gigs with another friend and his band, Somebody's Son. I'll run a set, they run a set & so on. That makes a nice gig with very little non-music time for the crowd & we get plenty of break time. Sometimes the guys will come in and back my stuff. When that happens we end up more countryfied.

The solo stuff I do is Americana, doing some originals and co-written material as well as covering the likes of John Prine, Fred Eaglesmith, Shel Silverstein & others. I'll also toss in some old country now and again.

Currently, my main player is an old Ventura V8 with a Fishman Rare Single Coil pickup installed. I also play an old Yamaya FG150 (red label) with a Dean Markley Sweet Spot and a Yamaha FG411S. I have a 12 string Ventura Bruno, a banjo, mandolin, fiddle, Fender electric bass and two electric guitars.

I run a Carvin CX630 powered PA system. I know Carvin gets slammed on these boards but my rig has been bullet proof for 10 years and sounds great with plenty of power for the venues I use it in.

Computer systems are;

Work; Win XP

Recording; Win 2K dual boot with Linux (Mepis)

General Use; Linux (Mepis)

See ya 'round if ya don't turn square.

Archived