My new Seagull S6 Folk!!

Misha

• Members

If I could I would put a scratch plate that covers the whole top! ;):rolleyes:

I don't own 3 Godin's... I changed my electric for the S6+ Folk... Because i found out I love acoustic much more!

I have no patience to play with effects, or amps every 5 minutes and my fingers are fine now! I went back to the store and got an exchange. Lost 0$!!! :) (Actually, the manager put a note on the SD after I gave it back saying "SOLD!! with his name on it! lol)

I paid 369$ CAD for the Godin SD, they gave me the Seagull S6 Folk + a gig bag + Dunlop trigger capo + added a pin for a strap (another dealer told me it would be 20$ to add a pin on my Norman B20 Folk + the cost of the pin!)

My B20 can now go for repair (bracing)! The Seagull will do the job nicely meanwhile. I'll keep one for altered tunings when the B20 is gonna be back! Anyway,, I like them both and they sounds very different!

• Members

Very nice guitar, Misha. At one stage I wanted to by one for use in alternate tuning; but then again I wanted to change from the cedar sound of my Seagull S6+CW, so I bought an old Sovereign 1203 and a Hashimoto W350 for the same price, had them set up properly, so I could cover a range of acoustic styles according to my needs.

But Seagull IS a great guitar for the price, sweet sounding box.

Beware of the cat though: cedar scratches so easily... Vulnerable front. Still, I didn't buy the Seagull to keep it in the box; it's a player's guitar.

Have fun!

• Members

Laserpuls wrote:

At one stage I wanted to by one for use in alternate tuning; but then again I wanted to change from the cedar sound of my Seagull S6+CW

Guess what: I also own a Norman B20 + Folk that has a solid spruce top! ;) The Norman is gone for repair (small bracing issue), when I'll get it back I'll use one for alternate tuning too! ;):thu:

• Members

Sounds like you will have best of both worlds then, Misha. Very good combination. I found my Seagull not so well set up for alternate tuning, yet very well adjusted and in tone for standard tuning. If I wanted it right for DADGAD tuning I should have had a new saddle. So I decided to go ventilate my GAS and bought the Sovereign (repair and setup costed more than the guitar) and set up the Hashimoto Martin D41-clone for DADGAD tuning myself.

I could've bought a Baby Taylor for the price, but hey, what's GAS for?

Besides, the latest two are older guitars, that has some charm too .:cool:

Have fun!

Archived