Washburn one pickup es125 style..??

bluewolf

• Members

I didnt know if i should put this in the electric guitar forum or the accoustic guitar forum. I hear Washburn has a 400 1950's style es125 copy for about 400 bucks. it has one floating humbucker and is fully hollow, not semi-hollow and is almost as deep bodied as an accoustic. has anybody heard or played one??

I bet a guitar like that would be great for some old blues and slide stuff!!!

• Members

If it's like a 125 it's going to be thin, like a 125. My '59 ES-125 was thin. If you turn something like that up loud it will howel to no end. If you're going to play loud you're better off with something that has a center block.

But it might make a cool jazz guitar.

• Members

it thinner than an accoustic but its not the thin body 1960's 125.

It would be cooler if it had a p90 in it. Like I said good blues and slide guitar especially if you are playing solo. Didnt Alvarez a few years back have a semi accoustic that had a single p90 in it and trapeze tail peice??

• Members

Originally posted by F-holes

Gibson made the ES-125 in thin and full body sizes.With or without cutaways .
:)

I have one just like the one below.

98442-ES125.gif
:wave:

I guess I should've done a search before opening my big mouth.

I had a 125 just like that too, yellow/orange sunburst with two p-90s. It had the thin body. All the other 125s I've seen also had thin bodies.

• Members

It works just fine. I've got flatwound 12s on it, so it gives off a real smokey jazz blues vibe. I play solo gigs with it, as well as singing and playing harp. Old blues, old jazz, old country. All sounds cool on it. Slide works well on it, also. Thinking about getting another one just for a slide setup.

Still considering trading out the pup for a Kent Armstrong. The stock one is a good, decent pup, but it lacks some personality. OR, I may drop a Stellartone ToneStyler in it.

http://www.stellartone.com/Index.asp

Archived