Changing strings on the Larrivee D-05

kinski_paganini

• Members

Originally posted by Cldplytkmn

there's any number of ways to push them up from the bottom... have you tried one of those string winder thingies??

LOL! You may be on to something. It might be easier to get at if you drop it while your arm is up inside of the soundhole. Dropping a guitar pick inside is one thing, but I imagine most folks wouldn't like to use the same "shake and rattle" approach to get a coin out of their guitar! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

LOL! You may be on to something. It might be easier to get at if you drop it while your arm is up inside of the soundhole. Dropping a guitar pick inside is one thing, but I imagine most folks wouldn't like to use the same "shake and rattle" approach to get a
coin
out of their guitar!
:eek:

String-winder-thingys often have a slot in the handle part that will fit many pin-ends, and therefore can assist in pulling from the top. I'd still push from the inside too. BTW, if you haven't done so yet, push the string back into the hole to dislodge the ball-end from the bridgeplate. That may help quite a bit.

• Members

Originally posted by kinski_paganini

I managed to pry them out with the tool I use to cut strings with. Came out with no problem.

-Alec

That's one way to do it. Tell me though, did it leave marks on the pin?

I used to use my teeth of all things - seriously! - and I'm damned lucky I didn't swallow a few pins. I'll take my chances with using a coin to push them out any day. My teeth are more valuable than my guitar - for now at least! :freak:

Archived