OK, Dumb Question...

theGOOCH

• Members

I'm going to show my ignorance here. Is there a "proper way" to wear a strap like this? I've always been a cheap cotton strap guy.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Levys-212-Leather-Strap?sku=369202

It makes sense to me that the thick part would be in the front and the adjustable part in the back especially since usually any embellishments are on the thick end. I think I've seen it worn the opposite way too. Some brands show the string through the thick end, some show it through the adjustable end.

• Members
Originally posted by Hudman

In my opinion, it depends on where you attach the strap. Thin end in the front if you tie the strap at the headstock. Thick end in the front if you have a strap buttom on or near the heal.

I concur. I was assuming the presence of a front strap button ;)

• Members

depends on the length of the thin end, if the thin end is on front and is long enough to reach your shoulder it's going to become uncomfortable very fast, you will need the extra width of the wide end on the shoulder for comfort, otherwise it's a matter of personal taste

• Members

Originally posted by darksun

depends on the length of the thin end, if the thin end is on front and is long enough to reach your shoulder it's going to become uncomfortable very fast, you will need the extra width of the wide end on the shoulder for comfort, otherwise it's a matter of personal taste

Sounds reasonable to me...

Archived