Jasmine Accoustic guitars

HighVolter29

• Members

Hey,

My girlfriend name's Jasmine and she wanted to learn guitar so I though I could buy her a Jasmine for her birthday !!! ;)

Well she practive for about a month on my Takamine and she really liked it excet my guitar was too big... hey I'm a big guy and she's small.

I though of Jasmine brand because I don't have that much money to put into the gift but if you tell me the brand is complete crap, I'll just look into something else... but the Jasmine brand has a + factor in it's name :cool:

Any model that worths the money?

• Members

I've never played a Jasmine but I wasn't all that impressed with the G series which is the next step up. When it comes to Takamine I prefer the older F series or the MIJ Natural and Supernaturals (neither of which are "starter" guitars).

What model Takamine do you own? That way we can give you some informed advice on what to look for. Also, what is your price range?

BTW - have you considered looking at one of the Godin line's folk size guitars? (Seagull, Simon & Patrick, Art & Lutherie, Norman, etc.)

• Members

I had a Jasmine 12 string back in the day and it was pretty good. They aren't the best guitars ever made, but they certainly aren't the worst, and you will DEFINITELY score points with your girlfriend by sticking with the Jasmine name.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that Jasmine doesn't make any small bodied guitars, save for their classicals. If I were in your position, I'd try the S34C. The narrow waist will be helpful if your girlfriend doesn't really fit with a big guitar. Jasmines are not Martins or Taylors, but they'll work just fine for someone who's only been playing a month.

Good luck!

Ellen

• Members

If you're selective, you can find a decent sounding Jasmine. Go to a store that has several to choose from. They're not complete crap, though some are better than others. You're right, as a new guitarist I bet she would like the fact that it's named after her ;) . Other decent inexpensive brands would be the Alvarez Regent series, and Art & Lutherie. Try a bunch and pick a good one :thu: .

• Members

I have a Jasmine cutaway classical, that sounds alright for a beater guitar even though it's all laminate. If you can find a good one, I'd say go for it.

In the price range, definitely check out Art & Lutherie. Also all-laminate construction, but I think you'll get a better guitar for the money.

• Members

Thanks for the input !!!

I think I'll just look into the guitar store and try a buch of guitar.

The thing is, if I don't find a Jasmine that fullfil my criteria, I'll look into Seagulls accoustic guitars. I personally find them incredible for the price, but still they are more expensive than Jasmine.

Defenitly, she'll love Jasmine brand just because of the name. But after 2 weeks she won't give a {censored} about the name if the guitar is a piece of crap...

I Have a Takamine G530SC... I'm more of an electric guitar player but I started playing guitar on this accoustic.

Archived