HELP Adding 9V battery Clip to an AC Powered Pedal? Pics

• Members

9Volt Boss type Adaptor. Thanks

Radio shack has the part you need in a battery clip. Trace the wires back and you should see where they end up. If it were me I'd run the clip right off the jack currently on the pedal. Boss units are center negative so look on a 9V battery to see which is which. Solder the bugger in place. Seemple. If it's easier, go to the point where the wires from that jack end up.

• Members

Radio shack has the part you need in a battery clip. Trace the wires back and you should see where they end up. If it were me I'd run the clip right off the jack currently on the pedal. Boss units are center negative so look on a 9V battery to see which is which. Solder the bugger in place. Seemple. If it's easier, go to the point where the wires from that jack end up.

That's going to cause the battery to drain all the time and die in a hurry. Better to wire the battery clip in conjunction with a stereo input jack and connect the 3rd lug that goes to the ring to the negative side of the battery clip - that way it'll only draw when there's a cable plugged in.

OP, you may already have a stereo jack in there, if so, I'm sure you can find a simple diagram on the web on how to connect the battery clip. If not, it wouldn't be hard to replace the jack so that it was switching.

Archived