Wiring a switch for my Roland JC-50 troubleshooting

thegamestop

• Members

I've been working on a switch to turn on and off the reverb and chorus for my JC-50. I have tried several different configurations, but can't get anything to work. I'm using a stereo closed neutrik jack and two X wing style switches.

This is how it is wired now:

empty2.png

a crappy picture

DSC02095.jpg

If you don't mind drawing me a diagram

empty.png

• Members

The switches are wired wrong. You need to use terminals on the same side of the switch, you've got them wired on opposite sides of the switch. One wire to a center terminal, the other wire to a "corner" terminal on the same side.

empty1.png

As payment, go out and buy and digital multimeter from your local discount, auto parts or electronics store, it lets you figure out electronic's invisible mysteries like which wire goes where on switches. :) They're only $10 - $20 for a basic one and they're super helpful if your going to do any DIY electronics.

• Members

Thank you very much for the help! I actually was given a multimeter not too long ago, but have only figured out how to test pickups and using it to check shielding. I will look for a tutorial to better utilize it. Thanks again!

The switches are wired wrong. You need to use terminals on the same side of the switch, you've got them wired on opposite sides of the switch. One wire to a center terminal, the other wire to a "corner" terminal on the same side.

empty1.png

As payment, go out and buy and digital multimeter from your local discount, auto parts or electronics store, it lets you figure out electronic's invisible mysteries like which wire goes where on switches.
:)
They're only $10 - $20 for a basic one and they're super helpful if your going to do any DIY electronics.

Archived