Played my next guitar,a Regal resonator! Very cool looking,and at a good price.

KATMAN

• Members

I played a Regal resontor today,and was quite impressed with the tone and feel of the guitar.Not tinny like I thought it would be,but rather full and bassy.It has a mahogany body and neck,fully adjustable truss rod.I like it better than the Fender,Epiphone,and Johnson model.I also played the brass one,no thanks,I'll stick with wood! That dude is heavy. I don't know if I'll play slide with it or not,but it will go great with fingerpicking. Might play slide after a while,sounds nice in standard tuning.Really looking forward to next month,I'm going to get buy it!

• Members

resos are fun. My cat doesn't think so, however.

One small caution if and when you do start noodling around with a slide (you will) - if it is a biscuit always tune down. An electric playing friend borrowed mine and tune it to open A. Gave me a chance to upgrade the cone.....

• Members

resos are fun. My cat doesn't think so, however.

One small caution if and when you do start noodling around with a slide (you will) - if it is a biscuit always tune down. An electric playing friend borrowed mine and tune it to open A. Gave me a chance to upgrade the cone.....

I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Archived