A great deal on some handmade guitars?

thetree4U

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you have a decent set of speakers on your computer, you can hear some pretty decent differentiations between the tonewoods. I like the spruce top brightness and string separation better than the cedar top mello tone... just my opinion. I think the L320 is one of the best sounding guitars made... in real life, that is.

• Members

BTW, if any of you are interested in discussing anything further on Avalon guitars, the Avalon forum is quite a good place to get some answers.

Avalon luthiers will even interact with you there. I had a hard time deciding which model to get, and it was there that everything became clear... Legacy Standard L32C! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the address in case anyone is interested
http://www.avalonguitars.co.uk/phpBB/

• Members

thanks fro adding to gas. i pulled the trigger on gold series a100 .I am a little perturbed about the lack of communication from the seller. i paypaled so i am not too worried .I have been trying to get the sellers phone number , but after repeated emails requesting theri number no response. Anybody help me out on this.

• Members

thanks fro adding to gas. i pulled the trigger on gold series a100 .I am a little perturbed about the lack of communication from the seller. i paypaled so i am not too worried .I have been trying to get the sellers phone number , but after repeated emails requesting theri number no response. Anybody help me out on this.

This is making me a little nervous as well - but just a little. In fairness to the seller, he does clearly state that it may be 1 - 2 weeks before orders are processed. Of course it didn't occur to me before purchasing that this guy's sales volume (if you look at his record) doesn't come close to explaining a 2-week lead time. BUT that's just me thinking out loud. Like you, I'm really not worried - just a little perturbed. And I'm sure that feeling is exacerbated by my anticipation (I want the frickin' thing here NOW)... I don't have the seller's number myself, or I'd forward it.

• Members

I sent the seller an email regarding the A101 and got a response a couple of days later. FWIW, this model is Czech made, has a tusq saddle and a rosewood fretboard. He said the guitars are sent out set up.

Archived