B-band feedback issue

Noak

• Members

Yup, just recently installed a B-band AST pickup...

http://www.b-band.com/guitar-systems/ast.php

It's a great sounding pickup, works like condenser that's placed inside the guitar under the bridge.

However, I'm experiencing feedback due to vibrations in the top of the guitar, if I push the top down with my hand the feedback dissapears.

I was thinking about those things you put in the soundhole but I've got my vokume knob there, any other advices?

• Members

Feedback is a common phenomenon with acoustic transducer pickups. Soundhole feedback busters certainly help but these usually fill the entire soundhole. If that presents a problem, you might be able to adapt a propriety feedback buster (or make one yourself out of a suitable material - I've done this using a semi-rigid foam plastic sheet) to only fill part of the sound hole.

I don't know if anyone else has found a different solution to reduce feedback?

• Members

Hmm...could it be an issue with pickup placement?

Nope, I don't think so. The package with the preamp and pickup from b-band included a cardboard installation template which guides the pickup to the right position. I guess feedback is a common issue, so there's really nothing strange about it, just want to catch up a few advices...

Archived