Anything comparable to a Calton Case, but cheaper?

athomas

• Members

Hey

I am looking for a good strong case to protect my Acoustic. I am going to be travelling internationally to couple of places this year.

I have flown domestic with my regular case and never had a problem.

• Members

Wow - I didn't realize Calton were even more expensive than Ameritage...the ameritage dread sells for approx $424 on the website....I'll stick with my molded SKB's, but I would like to own a guitar that needs a $500 case!

The two I ordered (for my Guild JF-4 and my Taylor 355) will come to about $750 each (counting S/H)!

My wallet is still moaning in agony! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

okk.. my hunt for a case comparable to calton is not going too well.

I bought a case-extreme case for $230+shipping and it is bulky (which i expected) but I don't feel it is strong enough to last more than two years with all the travelling I am going to be doing. The guy claims it will last 15yrs with no problems.

It is a good case, but not what I am looking for, so I am returning it. I got to pay the return shipping and the restocking fee.

I am going to use a gig bag for my 1week trip to west indies and hopefully I get paid enough to buy a calton.

675$ I can buy another guitar for that price!!!!

• Members

I would like to own a guitar that needs a $500 case!

Me too! I just need two things to happen: 1) I win the lottery; 2) I find someone with a Martin D-45SS (Stephen Stills) who's willing to part with it; only 91 made, original list $17K.

Archived