Thomastik-Infeld Classical "C" strings.

garthman

• Members

These are interesting looking strings - the trebles are quite a lot thinner than most nylon strings, eg. the medium tension trebles are 22, 26, 31 (that's around 10 thou less than traditional nylon). Problem is they are expensive - around

• Members

Savarez Alliance trebles are also thinner than regular nylon strings. This is because the Alliance are not regular nylon, they are a carbon composite. I suspect the same is true of the T-I's.........ansd I suspect that is what the "C" means in the name ("carbon").

The Alliance trebles produce a clearer, more penetrating sound than regular nylons.

• Members

Savarez Alliance trebles are also thinner than regular nylon strings. This is because the Alliance are not regular nylon, they are a carbon composite. I suspect the same is true of the T-I's.........ansd I suspect that is what the "C" means in the name ("carbon").

The Alliance trebles produce a clearer, more penetrating sound than regular nylons.

Thanks for that riffmeister. I currently use La Bella 850HT strings. These are a high tension string, black trebles and bronze wound bases. Trebles on these are also a bit thinner than traditional clear nylon but not, I think, as thin as the T-I "C". I've tried searching the web for T-I "C" construction details but with no luck. I suppose I will have to fork out the money and try them. I'll check out the Alliance too.

Archived