Pagelli Guitars

Stackabones

• Members

I really like the one in this link...it's like a Macaferri on LSD
:lol:
But...then again I've been gassing for a Gypsy Jazz style guitar...possibly an Aria MM model...something tells me I can't afford a Pagelli
:(

OGP

Yeah, I first thought ... a cubist selmac? Juan Gris and Picasso!

I've heard mixed reviews about the Aria (and the Rondo) ... takes too much after-market work to get them up to speed. You save up front, but end up spending a lot in the end. I guess if you can do your own setup and swap outs and etc, then it won't be much of a problem.

I've got the Saga Gitane D500, which is really cool. And I've read nothing but good stuff on the Saga Cigano models, which are "student" GJ boxes and are really approachable prices.

• Members

Yeah, I first thought ...
a cubist selmac
? Juan Gris and Picasso!

I've heard mixed reviews about the Aria (and the Rondo) ... takes too much after-market work to get them up to speed. You save up front, but end up spending a lot in the end. I guess if you can do your own setup and swap outs and etc, then it won't be much of a problem.

I've got the Saga Gitane D500, which is really cool. And I've read nothing but good stuff on the Saga Cigano models, which are "student" GJ boxes and are really approachable prices.

I have tried both the the Saga Gitane and the Aria models and there is no comparison between the two. The Gitane was by far better sounding than the Aria. I have also tried a couple of different Aria's at different stores and the consistancy was not there in playability. I think that had to do more with the strings and set-ups on the guitars. I tried an Aria small soundhole model that I really liked but the action was just a little too high for my liking? How does one lower the action on those types of bridges?

OGP

• Members

...but the action was just a little too high for my liking? How does one lower the action on those types of bridges?

That's a standard feature of GJ boxes--high action. There might be some ways around it, but I'm not really savvy enough about the technical side of setup to help you out.

You may want to mosey over to the forums at Djangobooks.com and read some posts about these kinds of guitars. Those folks have a ton of info and can probably help you more with the specifics of setup and so forth.

• Members

That's a standard feature of GJ boxes--high action. There might be some ways around it, but I'm not really savvy enough about the technical side of setup to help you out.

You may want to mosey over to the forums at Djangobooks.com and read some posts about these kinds of guitars. Those folks have a ton of info and can probably help you more with the specifics of setup and so forth.

Ahhh..ok..thats what I thought. It was very stiff to play but I guess it's one of those things you have to get used to. Thanks for the tip about Djangobooks.com I will check out the forums there :)

Regards,

OGP

Archived