Guild DV-52

Mark Wein

• Members

The DV-52 is awesome. I had one until recently. I learned to play on it. An unfortunate offshoot of learning to play on such a fantastic guitar is that the guitar also suffered my just-learning stupidity with regard to atmospheric protection and hey-jackass-don't-bash-your-guitar-top-too-hard-percussively-if-you-don't-want-a-9"-top-crack type stuff. That poor git suffered terribly under my ownership. I vowed many times to never sell that thing. Ever. So I recently sold it. If I'd been a smarter novice, that git would have been a lifer. It's a shame they discontinued the model, but I guess they figure the D-50 makes it somewhat obsolete.

• Members

Mark,

I hear nothing but good reports on the DV-52. But I have never been able to play one. I live in a part of the world, where Guilds are, and were, very rare.

In the mountians of southwest Virginia, seems everyone, me included, aspired to own Gibsons for oldtime, and Martins for Bluegrass.

I entered the world of Guild just 2 years ago, and have had quite a "eye opener". I play a D55 and a D25.

Dale.

• Members

Anyone else have one? I've had mine about 9 years, and I love it. It records great...I have a Fishman Natural pickup in it that I'm not in love with, but acoustically the guitar rocks.....

Yep, I'm an owner. :love: My 6 year old DV-52HG was my first serious guitar purchase; I've been a Guild fan ever since. She's just an amazing, warm, and balanced playing guitar. Two guitars I'll never part with are my DV-52 & my Yam FG-150.

Trina

Yep, I'm an owner.
:love:
My 6 year old DV-52HG was my first serious guitar purchase; I've been a Guild fan ever since. She's just an amazing, warm, and balanced playing guitar. Two guitars I'll never part with are my DV-52 & my Yam FG-150.

Trina

What does the "HG" stand for? I agree with the never part bit....

Archived