NGD Reloaded: Martin 000-15

Glenn F

• Members

No it really doesn't bother me, it just looks kind of strange . No buzz , but the action does get higher . I do not spend much playing time past the 14th fret so I am not going to worry about a fix now . I have 2 other guitars with cutaway access and they play fine as far as i can reach . Thanks for your answer to my question:) .

I'll just add that almost every guitar will have some degree of 14th fret hump unless the builder has done one of the things I discuss. The one I'm starting to see more and more is recessing the extension into the top at the same angle as the neck set. Frankly I've never really looked at whether most cutaways have the hump - I would assume they do.

I haven't done this (yet) but I plan to on my next one.

http://www.kennethmichaelguitars.com/NECKSET.html

• Members

Frankly I've never really looked at whether most cutaways have the hump - I would assume they do.

I haven't done this (yet) but I plan to on my next one.

The shop where I work sold Epiphone's about 5 years ago and their cutaway models where having a lot of hump trouble , it was so bad no amount of saddle height would overcome the hump ! The neckset link looks like a very good idea:idea: .

Archived