Alvarez Guitar

skipperzipper

• Members

I have a thread in this forum about PD90S vs MD90's but I was just wondering why the Alvarez guitar in general is put in the background when speaking about affordable guitars, the Seagull, Epiphone,Art & Luthere, Ibanez etc. are mentioned but rarely Alveraz. In my opinion the Alvarez guitar is by far above these brands but never get noticed, maybe some of you have some ideas and maybe I am being to one sided, I would like some of your ideas. I have Martins, Gibsons and Larrivee's plus a Maton and a Alveraz PD90S and PD80S and the 80S & 90S stand up very very against them. Your opinion. Thanks Ralph

• Members

FWIW there are a few here who do love and recommend Alvarez Regent series guitars. I respect that even if those guitars don't float my boat - I'm more of a Takamine or Washburn lover in that price range.

PS: a band-mate of mine is looking at an Alvarez AJ60S (Artist Series jumbo with lam maple back/sides and solid spruce top) and I can't think of any reason why he shouldn't go for it other than it may not suit his playing style (he's trying to learn classical but mainly strums with us in the praise band.) I'm gonna go give it a look and try and soften up the shop owner for him, and maybe get him to put fresh strings on it.

PPS: many of the entry-mid level guitars are actually made in the same factory. IIRC many are made by a company called Cort in Korea.

Archived