Hey, Lauren, where have you been?

Stackabones

• Members

Missed you too. Have been chased by the black dog recently and very very busy taking part in something called the Lord Mayor's Show in London, which just happened on Saturday. Takes a year to organise from getting the 18m lorry to the design etc. In charge of 140 people and the charities we do it for are a childrens hospice and a cheerleading group comprised of very poor kids. Also my internet conncetion has issues, i think it uses bridgepins.;)

You're here a while ... you're gone a while.

Are ya back a while?

:wave:

• Members

Missed you too. Have been chased by the black dog recently and very very busy taking part in something called the Lord Mayor's Show in London, which just happened on Saturday. Takes a year to organise from getting the 18m lorry to the design etc. In charge of 140 people and the charities we do it for are a childrens hospice and a cheerleading group comprised of very poor kids. Also my internet conncetion has issues, i think it uses bridgepins.
;)

:D

• Members

Hi Lauren,

I actually watched the Lord Mayor's Banquet Speech today on C-Span. It just caught my interest and I hung with it, at least most of it. PM Brown is very impressive, so "George" in his approach and he has a great sense of humor (or a great speech writer). He is rather an optimist and makes a good case for a bright future for the country. I can see why is he is growing in popularity. Also, I loved the pomp and circumstance of the whole thing. I mean, the trumpet calls and everything, it was so formal and kind of regal. In order to keep this post OT, I have to comment on those (trumpeter) guys, they are great musicians.:thu:

Anyway, just thought I'd post my observations. BTW, who is the "Chief Commoner"? He was mentioned a few times but I never heard his name.

RT1:wave:

• Members

No idea who the 'Chief Commoner' is - will get back to you....Gordon Brown very scottish dour, not sure george a great speech writer but sure gets top marks for making up his own words.;) According to the OED anyway. Great to heard from you RT1. XXXXXX Off to Spain on friday to be truly humbled on the ol guitar!!!! Maybe the trumpet a sure thing heh??? Lots of guys at the Show in Military uniform, what more could a gal want!!!

Hi Lauren,

I actually watched the Lord Mayor's Banquet Speech today on C-Span. It just caught my interest and I hung with it, at least most of it. PM Brown is very impressive, so "George" in his approach and he has a great sense of humor (or a great speech writer). He is rather an optimist and makes a good case for a bright future for the country. I can see why is he is growing in popularity. Also, I loved the pomp and circumstance of the whole thing. I mean, the trumpet calls and everything, it was so formal and kind of regal. In order to keep this post OT, I have to comment on those (trumpeter) guys, they are great musicians.
:thu:

Anyway, just thought I'd post my observations. BTW, who is the "Chief Commoner"? He was mentioned a few times but I never heard his name.

RT1:wave:

Archived