The Halfling: half flat top/half archtop

Stackabones

• Members

WOW! That looks amazingly cool as an idea. The asthetics are questionable, but it is true that a flat top's bass with an archtop's definition would be awesome!

+1

My personal preference leans towards bassiness, so that, combined with superior definition would be a plus. It does look weird, though.

• Members

From the article...."Pricing will begin at $25K and require a 10K deposit at the time the slot is reserved. As the instrument's design is determined and contruection begins, I will bill for the difference between deposit and 50% of final total.

I am doing this because I want these last instruments to be the culmination of all my exprience and artistic ambition and I want to finsh building these instruments with a little time left in my life for family and life. These are the last guitars I will ever build! and these will be my finest guitars! Plesse let me know if you are interested in one of these final slots.

Delivery will be five plus years from reciept of the initial deposit and I will also quote and arrange this at the time of deposit as well...."

26x25,000=$650,000......held in account for 5 years....I wish I could underwrite that annuity...He is making about 5.5 million.

Good Luck....As nice as they are....a vintage Stromberg cries out from its case.

• Members

From the article...."Pricing will begin at $25K and require a 10K deposit at the time the slot is reserved. As the instrument's design is determined and contruection begins, I will bill for the difference between deposit and 50% of final total.

I am doing this because I want these last instruments to be the culmination of all my exprience and artistic ambition and I want to finsh building these instruments with a little time left in my life for family and life. These are the last guitars I will ever build! and these will be my finest guitars! Plesse let me know if you are interested in one of these final slots.

Delivery will be five plus years
from reciept of the initial deposit and I will also quote and arrange this at the time of deposit as well...."

26x25,000=$650,000......held in account for 5 years....I wish I could underwrite that annuity...He is making about 5.5 million.

Good Luck....As nice as they are....a vintage Stromberg cries out from its case.

This is about the last Ribbecke guitars that will be built by Mr. Ribbecke before he retires. A different company, The Ribbecke Guitar Corporation was founded to develop and sell the Halfling in greater quantities and at lower prices than Mr. Ribbecke's guitars (see the link I posted).

From what I saw on a few dealers' websites, they seem to go for $7,000.00 list price/$6,300.00 street price.

Archived