A ? about Martin's Warranty

Glenn F

• Members

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if Martin's guarantee is valid in Europe? I looked at their website, and I only see 'register if bought at authorized dealer in Canada or US.'

This might complicate my decision vis my replacement guitar. Word from European Martin owners would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, and thanks!

Glenn

• Members

I think the warranty is only one year outside the US generally; it is only a year in the UK and its actually less valuable than our statutory consumer rights. It's pretty much up to the local distributor or importer as to the service you get.

So much for the 'lifetime' warranty on an instrument we typically pay twice the dollar price for!

• Members

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Taylor only gives a 2 year warranty outside North America. What's up with that? In any case, as I am buying through Thomann, I'll have a 3 year warranty. I'll just have to take very good care of the guitar.

Cheers,

Glenn

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It is certainly making me take a hard look at my choice for my next guitar, which I was hoping would be a D-35, or an OM-21. However, Thomann does a 30 return policy on their nickel, and I've met a Master Luthier who takes pride in his work, and whose fees are not out of line with his expertise.

Don't know about the electronics.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived