Ukulele Surgery

Vytas

• Members

So I've been playing Jack Johnson breakdown while my buddy plays on his guitar in my Crate 30w amp, and I was unplugged, acoustic. He keeps overpowering me, so I decided tonight to do some surgery...check it:

http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteboarding_messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=26479#26479

Now he's gonna have to deal with some uke-d up power! LOL

• Members

Everything looks good except the fruit beer.

(as in sticking limes, lemons, oranges or any other damned kind of fruit into beer.)

I see no fruit in that beer.

Not to stray too off topic but, Corona w/ lime is sublime...that rhymed. Go tell the Belgians that rasberry lambic is unnatural :freak:

Although I'd never stick an orange in a Pale Ale or a banana in a Guinness, some beers are sacred. ;)

• Members

I see no fruit in that beer.

Not to stray too off topic but, Corona w/ lime is sublime...that rhymed. Go tell the Belgians that rasberry lambic is unnatural
:freak:

Although I'd never stick an orange in a Pale Ale or a banana in a Guinness, some beers are sacred.
;)

No, not that particular bottle shown but Corona is normally served with lime. I've always felt that was because the beer is so bad it needs lime to make it taste decent. That doesn't work for me because I don't like lime anyway.

I also don't drink wheat beer, Hefeweizen or such with fruit in it either and razzleberrys blow chunks so I don't drink that Belgian swill either. As far as Belgian beers go, IMHO, they're generally the worst of the Old World beers, period.

On the other hand, some beers using fruit in the brewing process can taste reasonably good. I just don't like having a beer that has to have fruit stuck into it after the damned stuff is done.

• Members

No, not that particular bottle shown but Corona is normally served with lime. I've always felt that was because the beer is so bad it needs lime to make it taste decent. That doesn't work for me because I don't like lime anyway.

I also don't drink wheat beer, Hefeweizen or such with fruit in it either and razzleberrys blow chunks so I don't drink that Belgian swill either. As far as Belgian beers go, IMHO, they're generally the worst of the Old World beers, period.

On the other hand, some beers using fruit in the brewing process can taste reasonably good. I just don't like having a beer that has to have fruit stuck into it after the damned stuff is done.

Agreed!

Onto the Uke coolness though. :cool:

We should start a beer thread sometime ;)

• Members

Thanks. Here's a photo of my freezer. A little captain, and a various assortment of vodka. I'm kinda lacking on the food, but the liquid diet does me just fine:

IMAG0051.jpg

Here's a shot of the bridge with the opposing drilled holes to tuck the magnetic element in on both ends in case anyone was wondering...

IMAG0052.jpg

• Members

[YOUTUBE]snhiofL2Rh4[/YOUTUBE]

Nice job on the Uke by the way! :thu:

• Members

Lime in the corona is a non issue for me. I am used to Brass Monkeys and warm old styles n guiness. So it adds a little sweetness, but unnecessary.

Brass Monkey = drink down the OldE40 down to where the neck taper ends and refill it up with SunnyD. You have a Brass Monkey (poor man's mimosa). Or go for the Brass Chunkey, which is OJ with pulp.

However, do a Corona, with a little lime, and a shot of bacardi lemon - and you have yourself a little concoction I call the "vacation". And you'll get pretty f-ed up on them, too. They are GOOD.

Just don't have 4 or 5 of those before you take a drill to your equipment! Obviously there is no room for "beer elitists" in my place! hahahah

Archived