Annex meets iTunes

Freeman Keller

• Members

So my lovely wife though I should move into the 21st Century with my music and gave me an iPod for Christmas. Not having any idea of what I was doing I plugged it in, down loaded iTunes, which promptly found 130 pieces of music on my computer. It trundled around and loaded them all on my brand new virgin iPod, then presented me a playlist. Guess what - most of it was YOUR music - I have a folder on my PC that I hold all the Annex music in and now it is all on the Pod. I spent some time editing out the stuff I don't want to listen to (like the String Test and all my attempts at recording myself) and it is down to 112 songs.

Next I assigned your real name as the "Artist" and your HCAG as the "Album" (so I can find songs by either Neil Kwak or Kwakatak). There are still a few things that need cleaning up (some songs just came as "Track 1" so I have to figure out who and what it is) but, to make a short story long, I've got the whole Annex loaded on my iPod.

Now I know that iTunes has a whole bunch of copy protection stuff, but I would love to somehow share this with anyone who would like it. I have the options of Exporting the playlist or saving it to a disk - or I could copy the folder to a disk or even print out the playlist (which is kind of a spreadsheet of Song, Artist, Album (handle). Does anyone want something? Does any iPod guru know how to share this? Can I post is as a text file on the Annex (Krash needs text files)? Any ideas.

Let me just say it is way cool to be listening to you guys as I ride my bike or ski or, oh my gosh, work.

• Members

Perhaps this is getting a little ambitious, but maybe people could submit pictures of their guitars to be embedded as the 'album artwork.'

Then if you use the Print feature (is this what you meant by the spreadsheet?): File -> Print -> Album Listing -> Songs by Album -- you can generate a PDF with a complete index of all the music, with pictures of people's gear next to every track.

Might not work for everyone, but it would be a nice document to post. Plus it's easy to update.

• Members

There is a way to export a playlist and import it to Itunes. I'm at work now and don't have Itunes in front of me but I have done it before between my girlfriends Itunes and mine.

That will only import the list though not the songs themselves. Krash currently has the site setup so that you can't browse to a folder (For security reasons I'm guessing) so there is no way to easily download each song from the site.

Archived