My work for a luthier at NAMM tomorrow

happy-man

• Members

I've been working with a local luthier who is introducing his guitars at NAMM tomorrow. These are electrics, but I won't consider this totally off topic since they also have a piezo bridge so they can sound like an acoustic. I designed active electronics which are installed in 3 of the 5 guitars he has at the show (the remaining 2 guitars being passive only). His son took pictures of the first guitar we finished and put them on his web site.

the_guitar_web_001.jpg

These things are full custom. He makes everything except the tuners, knobs, pots and switches (and tail pieces on some of the guitars). The pickups are his own. These guitars are amazing. The other guitars he is showing are curley maple, sunburst, white pearloid and black pearloid. He also has one milled out of a solid block of gorgeous quilted maple that wasn't ready by show time.

Check out the site at http://www.lashbrookguitars.com This has been a trip and hopefully will remain an ongoing relationship where I supply electronics for him.

Scott O

• Members

Wow! Congratulations on your effort and hopefully it will be a beneficial relationship between you and the builder. You never know...for instance, Leo Fender was basically an electronics circuit designer who with the help of skilled craftsmen came up with the best amps and to some the best solid body electric guitars ever made. His circuits and designs are still in use and copied today...:thu:

All the best!

OGP

Archived