C'mon, tell me about your nylon string guitars

flip333

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Breedlove AN250CR compared welll with many nylons (nylon guitars) I played. I bought one and let it warm up last evening, it was -7 degrees yesterday.

Nice. Just what I expected and wanted. Some of the Cordobas at GC had a better bottom end with richer overtones, but I greatly prefer a 1 7/8 nut on a nylon guitar. The neck on this feels much better to me, and it sounds good to my ears.

Playability was the number one priority. It feels good, and I can bend notes nice and easy. Cutaway is a plus...

My wife's arms are crossed, and she's tapping her foot. I better watch it.

flip

(will have pics. It looks great.)

• Members

I have never been so quickly addicted to any sound like the Classical Guitar. It's gotten so that 9 out of 10 times I pick up a guitar I go for the Classical. it's has a mesmerizing (spell check) tone that I love. The darker the better! I tune mine down one whole step and put on my headphones with some light chorus, delay and reverb effect and I literally "flake out" only to come to my senses with a little drool on my chin (gross but true)!

vtg

• Members
The Breedlove AN250CR compared welll with many nylons (nylon guitars) I played. I bought one and let it warm up last evening, it was -7 degrees yesterday.

Nice. Just what I expected and wanted. Some of the Cordobas at GC had a better bottom end with richer overtones, but I greatly prefer a 1 7/8 nut on a nylon guitar. The neck on this feels much better to me, and it sounds good to my ears.

Playability was the number one priority. It feels good, and I can bend notes nice and easy. Cutaway is a plus...

My wife's arms are crossed, and she's tapping her foot. I better watch it.

flip

(will have pics. It looks great.)

:thu:

Was I correct in remembering that the Breedlove neck has a slight radius?

• Members

It is finally starting to open up on me after a year. I change the strings about once every two months and it is always a surprize to hear it anew.

Wish I could figure out how to have my computer resize the pics to the 100 KB max. The original pics are extremely detailed.

• Members

Hey Nylon Rock, what is that? Looks pretty nice.

Also, you can go to Photobucket and upload you pics there. They have a Quick and easy resize function for message boards. Then copy the link and put it in the 'Insert image" icon on your reply screen where you post.

Archived