Guitar ID help, please?

MaxVolume

• Members

I believe OGP is correct.

Though considered an "entry level" guitar, the 331s reportedly had fabulous sound quality, according to a couple of sites I checked. that's quite typical of Yammies - they are lots of git for the buck.

Here is a link for the Yamaha Serial Number Wizard. Once at the Yamaha page, look on the left-hand sidebar and click on the wizard. Type in the serial number if you have one and run the wizard. If memory serves me correctly, Yammie serial numbers repeat every 10 years, but I'm not entirely sure of that. Hopefully, the wizard will be able to tell you when the git was made.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Catalog/Catalog_GSMFCX/0,6357,CTID=221350&CNTYP=&VNM=LIVE&AFLG=Y,00.html

• Members

Very nice guitar...only made for about 4 years from 1978-82 I believe.

I know because I had one...
:)

Yer close....

'77-'81 according to the Archive. Spruce top, Mahogany body, Nato neck, Rosewood fretboard and bridge. MSRP $160.00.

MaxVolume! The serial number should be just inside the sound hole on that top brace toward the neck.

Would you measure the body width at the upper and lower bouts, the length and the thickness and post them here please? The body looks very much like a FG150.

Samilyn, Yeah, 10 year cycles.

Archived