help needed IDing Martin

Davepch

• Members

hi all

i would really like to find out the model of the Martin Tim Reynolds is playing in this clip. watched part of the dvd last night, (those guys are awesome) and thought Tim's tone was just about as close to the perfect acoustic tone i've ever heard, so please help feed my GAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7kWpeLh1Ss

thanks for any help

dave

• Members

Currently, my computer isn't allowing me to view youtube vids, BUT, Tim usually uses either a D-41 or a D-35 (I keep forgetting which to be honest). And heck yes, his tone is awesome.

Likewise, I can't view the vid, but often a performer's web site will list the equipment they use. And if Martin has an endorsement agreement they will have info on their site - just type the artist's name into the search box.

• Members

Yup, he's pretty awesome, and a d-35 is a git that induces a lot of GAS.

god, i'm in trouble now. just spent the last half hour researching the price of a D-35:eek:

there's an inner emptiness where that martin should be:love:

i just know it's the only thing stopping me being able to play like Tim:thu:

• Members

The headstock looks like one of Martin's normal production models. The D-41 has the more posh inlaid Martin logo like on the D-42's and D-45's. The fretboard is bound, so it looks like a D-35 to me. Can't see the back. That would tell for sure.

• Members

Don't forget...

That Martin is either being miked or has a PU installed and unless you intend to do the same thing, you might want to try some guitars before you commit yourself to a D-35 or D-41.

I've had one of each. (Good ones too!) but neither one was very comfortable for playing around the house, etc. They can be either real loud or sometimes an example will tend to 'swallow' the sound while having great tone. Plus, theyre so "serious"!

I found myself much happier with an OM-28 and happier still once I started playing the 00 types. Better balance, better prijection, less guitar to lug around, better for fingerpicking, etc.

I aint tellin you what to do.... I'm just sayin...

Mymindsok

Archived