Open call to UK members

Jimbo79

• Members

Hey there across the pond.

Does anybody have any experience with Faith Guitars? In particular the Faith Mercury Parlour. I checked the website and found a dealer that looks like they would ship to the states. I was interested to see what players have to say about them. Where are they made and anything else you could add to a potential customer.

• Members

They are made in Indonesia apart from the Carolina series that are USA built (by Patrick James Eggle, and cost 6-7 times more).

I have played lots of them, and some local guys use them on the circuit, they are pretty decent, tend to sound Taylor like to my ear.

The satin finish ones look beaten up pretty fast, if that bothers you at all.

I have a Washburn Flint Hills special edition thing, that was made in Indonesia too, and when I compared it to my friends Faith, the heel construction and the woods used/finish etc looked almost identical, so probably same factory.... to that end, you could probably track down an Indo made Washburn and get an idea of the quality of the build etc.

I like them, but they aren't up to the standard of some of the other brands for sale here in that price bracket....like Ayers and Eastwood.

• Members

I've tried a couple a few years ago when I was treating myself to a new acoustic. They are made in Indonesia, most models (if not all) have solid wood tops. They sounded good but I wasn't impressed with the set-up on the ones I tried but that is easily remedied.

In the end I went for a Crafter which I thought had the edge on the Faith - made in Korea and now becoming available in the US.

• Members

They are made in Indonesia apart from the Carolina series that are USA built (by Patrick James Eggle, and cost 6-7 times more).

... they are pretty decent, tend to sound Taylor like to my ear.

I think Jake is pretty much on the button, from what I have read. There is a eview in a current (UK) magazine (Acoustice Guitar) that I perused on the shelves (without buying!).

It mentioned that current Faith guitars are brought into the UK by PJEggle, who checks them all over and sets them up. As such they represent a way of gettng a reasonably priced guitar that has been breathed on by someone who knows what he is doing. The model reviewed got a fair smattering of stars, but nothing too stellar, and the price was mid-range to me (more than the generic but good quality chinese guitars I am seriously looking at, less than a hand-crafted PJEggle!). You may be able to get the review via this interweb thingy...(perhaps in a month or two to allow the paper based copies to sell).

FWIW: My view in the current UK market is that you may be better getting a (Chinese-made) Yamaha LL6 for half the money. If it needs setup tweaking (and I would be surprised if it needed much) find a local chap (or gal). Of course options in the USA may be different (and prices are less).

• Members

OK having read the review (thanks, Sisyphus) and looked on the website, I can say that I might be interested in finding one to try out (once I can justify getting a better guitar than my cheap learner's-beater!).

There are a few things in their favour:

- the review is complimentary about build quality and about the balanced sound

- the website confirms the woods used, etc.

- the guitar comes with a hard case

- it is short scale (609mm)

Some possible negatives:

- Jakes view on longevity - note however two models, Natural-code:FM, and High Gloss-code:FMEHG - will the HG version be a better bet?

- The nut is only 43mm

- Price! I found a UK price of

• Members

Every Faith I have played on looked amazing, stylish and clean and sounded completely dead and unresponsive. I would not reccomed them at all. I just gor a guild GAD 30R which is a great guitar. Around the price point of a faith you can do much better.

• Members

Every Faith I have played on looked amazing, stylish and clean and sounded completely dead and unresponsive. I would not reccomed them at all. I just gor a guild GAD 30R which is a great guitar. Around the price point of a faith you can do much better.

Thanks Fuzzbomb20,

I just picked up a GAD 30R and I do LOVE it. I was curious about the Mercury Parlour, and thought seeing as the only dealer network is in the UK, I would put out the call. :)

Archived