Can you recommend a Capo?

SRQPhil

• Members

Keysers are good and I use one when I am screwing around at home. For onstage I prefer the Shubb which gets a lot of love on the HCAGF. Also popular are the Planet Waves capos. These last 2 allow you to dial in just the right amount of tension so you don't throw the guitar out of tune. Some prefer the Keyser because you can clip it on your headstock when it isn't in use. I prefer the Shubb because it has the lowest profile which doesn't interefere with chords right at the first fret.

• Members

The Planet Waves NS capo is my currently preferred capo -- easy to use, lightweight, and low profile.

Thanks. I had not heard of this one. Looks very cool in the pictures. I think that's the one I'll try. I see some on Ebay for $15 including shipping.

• Members

A G7th if you're made of money, a Shubb otherwise.

C'mon. . . "made of money"???? :D

They're like 19, 20 quid, and you only have to buy one! :idea:

And I'm a student! :eek:

I personally would recommend this capo, they're so easy to use, never fail, even string coverage etc. A brilliant design IMO.

• Members

I don't use capos but I think the Shubb is the best one. However, I think the left index finger and a little practice on deadening strings for those chords up the neck that need it is even better.

• Members
C'mon. . . "made of money"????
:D

They're like 19, 20 quid, and you only have to buy one!
:idea:

And I'm a student!
:eek:

I personally would recommend this capo, they're so easy to use, never fail, even string coverage etc. A brilliant design IMO.

+1

• Members
C'mon. . . "made of money"????
:D

They're like 19, 20 quid, and you only have to buy one!
:idea:

And I'm a student!
:eek:

First of all, it is not that easy to round up 19 or 20 squid. And once you did get that many together you would have to keep them fresh, keep them from escaping, etc. I also understand that they bite.

No, I think it makes more sense to just buy a Shubb for 18 dollars.

• Members
I don't use capos but I think the Shubb is the best one. However, I think the left index finger and a little practice on deadening strings for those chords up the neck that need it is even better.

For some styles, that's fine. I'm not man enough to try playing a bluegrass break that way.:eek:

• Members

Own or have owned practically everything but a G7. My clear favorite is the Planet Waves NS for ease of use and function. Can dial in just enough pressure without pulling strings out of tune. Light and unobtrusive.

• Members

First of all, it is not that easy to round up 19 or 20 squid. And once you did get that many together you would have to keep them fresh, keep them from escaping, etc. I also understand that they bite.

Maybe, but in Detroit, we are adept at concealing and transporting the occasional octopus to sporting events. GO WINGS!

OK--if not a hockey fan, that will seem weird and meaningless.

• Members

Maybe, but in Detroit, we are adept at concealing and transporting the occasional octopus to sporting events. GO WINGS!

I remember those "hat trick" days...Go Blackhawks!

• Members

GO WINGS!!! and GO PISTONS!!!!

Now we need the Tigers to settle down and the Lions to wake up from their 51 year coma......

Archived