Epiphone El Capitan A/E Bass

panhandler

• Members

I've got an opt to buy one of these tonight for $200. Anybody here have one, or have any opinions on this particular 4 string bass?

Everything I've read online about it sounds good, but I'd love some first hand feedback.

New @ ZZ is $329

Thanka thanka!

GW.

• Members

Not this particualar bass but, in general, you WILL have to plug it in to be heard if you plan on playing with more than one acoustic guitar.

$200 is a pretty good price. If you don't already have one, you'll need a bass amp too. I would say nothing smaller that 50 watts if you want to have any hope of doing small, acousic gigs with it.

• Members

Be sure and test it both plugged-in and acoustically...the El Capitan models vary a lot, tonally...some = blechh:eek:...some = aaaaah:love:!

OTOH, IMABO, one of the most visually appealing A/E bass guitars made for under $1500.

N_EvaAvila2.jpg

Here's hoping that this one'll be a winner!

• Members

Thanx guys for the advice. This is my first bass and I really dunno squat about em. 'Cept that i want one for noodlin!

So I went and did the deal for $2 bills, the guitar is clean, it's the blonde version (didnt know that) It came with a HSC (didnt know that either) It's cutaway (another duh) and it's flawless! Needless to say I'm just tickled *hitless over the deal!

Here's the NGD pics... Lets toast some goat! :thu:

• Members

Thanx guys for the advice. This is my first bass and I really dunno squat about em. 'Cept that i want one for noodlin!

So I went and did the deal for $2 bills, the guitar is clean, it's the blonde version (didnt know that) It came with a HSC (didnt know that either) It's cutaway (another duh) and it's flawless! Needless to say I'm just tickled *hitless over the deal!

Here's the NGD pics... Lets toast some goat!
:thu:

Excellent score, GW348

That's gotta be good for a goat and a half! ;)

eb1e368a-619f-4a83-9b9d-fe0fb39d6ef4

Esther and Sweet Pea

Archived