I wanna learn Flamenco - advice?

Vinchester

• Members

I'm quite interested in it. I've play finger style for quite some time but I've been playing electric guitar mainly. In my country it's VERY hard to find guitar teacher who know Flamenco well, so I think I'd buy those CD+book pack and learn it myself. Did a lil research and find quite many sites selling these books - from Graf-martinez to a book by Juan Serrano(I like his song).

Have you ever buy from these two? Any recommendation?

• Members

Also, join ForoFlamenco.net.

Caution: The majority of the aficionados on Foro Flamenco adhere more to traditional flamenco. Nouveau flamenco and fusion flamenco (Ottmar Liebert, Strunz & Farah, Armik) is frowned-upon and barely tolerated (if at all). People who are very new to flamenco should probably lurk on the board for a while and get a better understanding of what flamenco is and what it is not. To spare yourself from embarrassment, you can peruse the 13 pages of Sal Bonavita's site as to "What flamenco is NOT ..."

isnot2.gif

• Members

My Uncle was a pretty accomplished player around Dallas in the '50's. His advice? "Never play with dancers".

Being an old fart, I sympathize with the difficulty of finding decent instructional material. Sounds like you're getting some good leads here. Nice bunch of folks on this forum.

Archived