Trinity College Guitars

Jonah523

• Members

It was mentioned to me a couple threads back that I should take a look at Trinity College Guitars. I saw one or two at a retailer online (Elderly Instruments), but can't find a website for the actual luthier or company. Is there any way to find out about the group itself?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

• Members

Wow, I didn't even know Trinity College made guitars. I've played a Trinity College mandolin since '93 and and Trinity College Irish Bouzouki since '03.

Trinity College is the brand name for a factory-made family of instruments. The factory is overseas (Korea?).

For several years the factory moved around and, during that time, there were numerous complaints about quality. For something like 10 years or so the factory has been in one place and they are producing consistent instruments.

On the mandolin family side, their instruments are considered entry-level. My mandolin has a nice, clear ring on the upper strings, but sounds thin on the lower. The projection isn't great. Playing in a session is a waste of time.

The bouzouki has similar qualities. Overall, I've enjoyed the two instruments and play them regularly. I gig with the bouzouki, but I'll likely "retire" it once I get the Freshwater cittern I ordered.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about their guitars.

• Members

Trinity College gits are made by Saga. I've never played one, but they got a very good review in
AG Magazine
a few months back.

http://www.acousticguitar.com/issues/pastissues/toc.aspx?issueid=186

'Trinity College TG-202 by Dale Miller. Playability, quality and colorful tones come together for the fingerstylist in this affordable new 12-fret cutaway. January 2007'. I checked to see if this review was on AG's website, nope.

Here's an mp3 audio sample of the Trinity College TG-100 - http://www.esnips.com/doc/4aa1705f-54e0-4d7d-aaa8-5d7ea26ec931/Trinity-College-TG-100

Trinity College is a clone of Eric Schoenberg's 000C Standard.

• 4 months later...

Archived