What the tab's deal ?

larsomatic

• Members

Is it just me getting lost on the web or what? Five years ago I could get on- line and find free tab to almost anything. It might have taken me a while and sometimes it was kinda junky but there was always somebody with something.For the last year or so it seems like there is hardley anything available. And here lately I have been running into spyware issues on sites that say they have tab and i get there and it's a bunch of crap.Am I the only one. Could someone please direct me to some good sites?Thanks!

• Members

A lot of tabs sites have been removed from the 'net over copyright issues. The "tabs" should be available freely, because copyright law protects "SR" sound recording, "PA" performance art, which includes sheet music arrangements, but, tabs are not a violation of the copyright on sheet music and most songs are not available in sheet music form these days because few people want to pay an arranger. However, most internet businesses are started by young guys that do not fully grasp the law, and thus, they pulled the tabs offline to prevent a law suit. They would have done better to defend themselves had their pockets been deep enough and develop "case law" to support the fact that demanding they remove the tabs is beyond the protection of copyright.

The sites that remain online have either not been challenged or stood their ground with good legal advice.

• Members

My policy for finding whatever is available on the internet is just "Google it" and an important key is make it singular and not plural. If you leave off the S at the end of say "TABS" it will find TAB or TABS but if it has the S it only finds TABS

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=guitar+tab&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

• Members

It's called a slender loris. I asked him about it one time.

Kinda cool lookin' little creature really.

Here is a quote I found on Google search...

"species of loris maintained at the Lemur Center"

I was curious and read more about them. They are very closely related to lemurs. They are often featured in facilities alongside lemurs to emphasize their differences.

Cool little primates.

Archived