why all the pics of goats?

Guitarplay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I don't think "ratified" means what you think it means; you've been biting off a little more vocabulary than you can chew in some of your delightful trolls recently. Incidentally, I'm a psychologist, under 25, and you're the one raising my eyebrows ;) Trolling HCAG doesn't really work, incidentally./QUOTE]

I think ratified means exactly what I think.
"give formal consent to make officially valid."
Oxford English Dictionary,
11th edition,

A Psychologist huh ?
You know Psychologists have the second highest suicide rate in the country. (The highest being Dentists.) There's a good reason for this;
A high percentage of Psychologists initially study psychology in order to try and understand themselves and their place in the world as they are not very secure within themselves.
There is a propensity towards mental instability amongst those that study psychology as reflected in the suicide statistics.
In the words of W.C. Fields....
Psychologists are half baked Fruitcakes, even if they were fully cooked... they'd still be fruitcakes.

Trolling HCAG doesn't really work ?
If you believe that I am trolling and if you also believe that trolling doesn't work, then this must surely beg the question :
"What are you doing responding ?"

• Members

So "an almost childlike substitution is sought and formal consent is given to make it officially valid"? With a bit of work it's grammatical, but it still doesn't make any damn sense.

I pretty much agree about psychologists, it's one reason I moved on to law school. Whole new basket of fruitcakes, just slightly less self-aware. I'm responding because not everything you say is trollicious ;)

• Members
So "an almost childlike substitution is sought and formal consent is given to make it officially valid"? With a bit of work it's grammatical, but it still doesn't make any damn sense.

I pretty much agree about psychologists, it's one reason I moved on to law school. Whole new basket of fruitcakes, just slightly less self-aware. I'm responding because not everything you say is trollicious
;)

"an almost childlike substitution is sought ( goats ) and then formal consent is sought (from other forum members) to make it an officially valid form of expression for the purpose of posting.

It may not be succinct enough for a legal document or a courtroom scenario but I think it's clear enough for everyday conversation.

I grant you that the legal fraternity is not big on 3 things:

1.Semantics.
2.Artistic licence.
3 Humor.

Personally I admire barristers. ( fruitos cakeus or notus. )

I am well pleased to note my learned friend that you don't consider everything I say to be trollicious. (shouldn't that be trollacious?)

However let me just say that Martin guitars are the epitome of overpriced mediocrity and are usually only bought to placate the ego of those that lack the judgment and confidence to choose a better quality and sounding guitar at a lower price.
;)

• Members

"

However let me just say that Martin guitars are the epitome of overpriced mediocrity and are usually only bought to placate the ego of those that lack the judgment and confidence to choose a better quality and sounding guitar at a lower price.

;)

Go into any shop and play the martins. I was in a GC the other day and played about 30 guitars, taylors, takamines, Gibson, Guild, Yamaha, and a few others and the Martins consistently played and sounded great. I guess its all subjective, and I speak mostly for the mid range Martins, but to say Martin guitars are the epitome of overpriced mediocrity is something you dont hear everyday. Im curious, what is your "better quality and sounding guitar at a lower price"?

• Members

I don't have an issue with non-boobie photos and I also don't have issues with goats in general but their eyes really creeps me out.

I'll sheepishly admit that I quickly scroll past the goat pictures and concentrate on the guitar shots. :D

• Members
I don't have an issue with non-boobie photos and I also don't have issues with goats in general but their eyes really creeps me out.

I'll sheepishly admit that I quickly scroll past the goat pictures and concentrate on the guitar shots.
:D

I don't have an issue with non-goat photos and I think we know which are easier on the eyes.

• Members

Go into any shop and play the martins. I was in a GC the other day and played about 30 guitars, taylors, takamines, Gibson, Guild, Yamaha, and a few others and the Martins consistently played and sounded great. I guess its all subjective, and I speak mostly for the mid range Martins, but to say Martin guitars are the epitome of overpriced mediocrity is something you dont hear everyday. Im curious, what is your "better quality and sounding guitar at a lower price"?

If I may, I might ask Raj to answer that question.

• Members

Go look up the price tag on the D-15, pal :lol:

The legal profession's huge on semantics. It's basically what makes the money come in.

And your sentence still makes no sense. If you'd said it in normal conversation, I'd have nodded, smiled, and called the nurse over to administer your sedative ;)

EDIT: You're BreedLover, aren't you?

• Members
http://begthequestion.info/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

:poke:

Fallacious arguments.:bor:
Most people incorrectly view English as a language that is constant with non variable words, definitions and usage.
A brief look at English over the past few hundred years or even decades will show this a fallacy.
English is a living and constantly evolving language.
Defintions and usage change over time.
In the example below we have acknowledgment that the "modern" or popular usage today is not the same as the original.
It's contempary meaning is acknowledged.
Look at a dictionary from a hundred years ago and you will see many examples of this.
If I say "that book is cool" then according to an old dictionary I am referring to the temperature of the book.
People like yourself would have argued that this is completely incorrect usage of the word.
What is "correct" English today may not be "correct" tomorrow as it is not a stagnant language such as the commonly spoken Chinese language Pu Tong Hua rather it is constantly evolving mutating and expanding language.

Doust thou agree?

Quote from your first link :

"While descriptivists and other such laissez-faire linguists are content to allow the misconception to fall into the vernacular, it cannot be denied that logic and philosophy stand to lose an important conceptual label should the meaning of BTQ become diluted to the point that we must constantly distinguish between the traditional usage and the erroneous "modern" usage. This is why we fight."
:bor:

• Members
Your not the first to have made such a ludicrous suggestion.
;)

Ignore list it is, and a countdown 'til your next meltdown. You seem calmer these days, though. I'm glad, I was always a little concerned about you.

• Members

It's already been explained, but I'm going to take this time to (again) plug one of my my 1st attempt at trying to sing and play that I shared with at a VOM several months ago. The N.G.D. song explains it all... in a poorly sung way ;)
[YOUTUBE]M2go0IOYiWA[/YOUTUBE]

And, besides, who doesn't get a kick out of watching these goats?!?
[YOUTUBE]we9_CdNPuJg[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
It's already been explained, but I'm going to take this time to (again) plug one of my my 1st attempt at trying to sing and play that I shared with at a VOM several months ago. The N.G.D. song explains it all... in a poorly sung way ;)

[YOUTUBE]M2go0IOYiWA[/YOUTUBE]

And, besides, who doesn't get a kick out of watching these goats?!?

[YOUTUBE]we9_CdNPuJg[/YOUTUBE][/quote

^

that belongs in the epic fail forum

:facepalm:

Archived