Thoughts?

C.B.O.

• Members

I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar but not sure what to get. I want one that has a nice warm sound and is nice to play. The thing is, is that I'm not looking to spend 1-2000 dollars on it. Maybe around 500. So give you thoughts on what I should get.

• Members

Each has a different idea what sounds right to their own ears

I would suggest look at Crafter, Perhaps one of the Yamaha FG series, You can sometimes get an EPI Masterbilt under your price cap. Allready mentioned was the Seagull, really the list can go on and on.

There are so many different good guitars in this price range, we all find different models appealing, so what I love you may find to be so so, It is so often said but try and get to different stores and take the time to play the guitars, to hold them, look at them and experience them.....as an added bonus if you have a friend that plays drag them along they can play the guitar and you can here it from the other side of the guitar as well.

If you get your thoughts centered on a guitar that is not available locally and you have to order unseen online, check their return policy, if you get one you do not care for, send it back and shop some more!

Take your time, enjoy the process, it can be fun!

Here is pictures of a Crafter, GA-7 cedar top model, nice warm sound, it is a 350.00 guitar.

DSC_2205.jpgDSC_2197.jpgDSC_2199.jpgDSC_2206.jpgDSC_2201.jpg

• Members

MF has an Epi Masterbilt AJ500M for $449. The "M" stands for mahogany and that's going to give you the "warm" tone you're looking for.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Masterbilt-AJ500M-Advanced-Jumbo-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=519028

Everyone on this board will tell you Masterbilts are great guitars for the money.

Archived