Epiphone EL-00 = Blues King?

CaptainCoconut

• Members

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EL00-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518369

Not many reviews for this thing, I was wondering what people think of it because I need a vintage sounding parlor guitar and this one is fairly cheap.... perhaps for a bit more I could do better?

(btw - if a mod would please delete my old thread - I've narrowed it down now :facepalm:)

• Members

Yes,this is Epis' version of the Blues King.I've played only one,it was at GC.It sounded great but was in need of a good set-up,which for me is a huge turn off for a new guitar,if i'm buying a new git i want somthing that is real close to being set up.But hey for 300, solid top,great style,even if you had to drop 75 on a set-up you'd have a great player for under 4 bills,IMHO

• Members

Most of the less expensive guitars that you buy today will need a tweak here and there. I even had to take a small amount off of the saddle on my Yamaha to get the action down to where I liked it but it's very minor stuff and you'll save a lot of cash over buying the Gibson. I'd say get it and do the tweaks and adjustments on it then sit back and enjoy it.:thu:

• Members

I don't think I've ever seen a guitar come straight out of the box that didn't need a little sump'n-sump'n in the way of set up. Shipping from another climate, all that jostling, my perverse preferances... Tweak-tweak. I think the EL-00 is a classically beautiful guitar! I know I'd be happy with one.

• Members

I ordered the Epi EL-00 last spring from MF and sent it right back. Just sounded too thin and tinny for me right out of the box.

Looking back, however, I was probably just impatient and should have put new, quality strings on it and kept it. Maybe even one guage thicker. I've found since then the stock strings on the non-Masterbilt Epis aren't very good and changing them first thing makes a great improvement. It was only $234 on special. The EL-00 they sent was a beautifully built and finished guitar.

• Members

I'm tempted to buy it although I would prefer a solid body all around, especially after reading the post above.... I wish my friggen local stores had a wider selection of parlor guitars.

Any of you ever hear of "VINEYARD"

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARLOR-GUITAR-VINTAGE-STYLE-GORGEOUS-LOOKS-TONE_W0QQitemZ280289815779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item280289815779

Archived