just scored this yamaha guitar

Mr_Wonka

• Members

Yeah. Produced in 1999 - ?. Laminated spruce top w/meranti back and sides. Available in natural and black.

It's a basic Yamaha laminate... pretty much bullet proof. I bought a used one last summer in Montreal, mint condition, w/gig bag for $65. Played it all summer, then sold it on craigslist for $115. Decent guitar with pleasant tone.

• Members

well dang, it`s rare enough to find members in the same time zone let alone the same frickin city! What are you doing here? I`ve been teaching...and I use the term loosely... English for quite a few years here now...more like entertaining really, if the students are happy and come to class, the language school owners are happy, I sneak in some learnin` in there too. My higher levels just wanna talk, I get paid to speak English, how cool is that.

Anyways...you want to hook up sometime?...I`ll let you play one of my Yamaha Dynamics, but be warned, they are addictive. Be nice for somebody else here to post opinions on those guitars since regular members have been reading me gush over them while very few if any here have actually played them.

You play around the city? Too bad they closed down the Green Shamrock, it was a great place for us expats to hang and listen to live music. I have an Irish friend who used to play there regularly. I know a Kiwi here who is a great player, certainly the best player I know in the city. So if you want to meet up let me know, I have lots of free time coming up for the rest of the month.

Archived