Stupid Deal Alert...

panhandler

• Members

Add a Silver Creek strap for $14.99 (or anything else) and you get $35 off since it's over $250. It ends up the same price - $229.98. It's like getting a free strap (or whatever).

You know I thought that's how it worked. Just for grins, I added the guitar to the cart along with a pack of strings to get the total over $250, and the WANT code only got me $20 off. Evidently, the final total has to be $250 or more to get the $35 off.

• Members

You know I thought that's how it worked. Just for grins, I added the guitar to the cart along with a pack of strings to get the total over $250, and the WANT code only got me $20 off. Evidently, the
final
total has to be $250 or more to get the $35 off.

I get $35 off when I add a $14.99 strap. Final total goes from $264.98 to $229.98.

• Members

Thanks for the headsup on this deal. I think. Haha, I bought one. I also got the extra $35 off when I added some other stuff, finally got it to work. I also fell for one of the reviewer's comments to add brass endpins and get some silk wound strings. We'll see! I hope I luck up and get a good one.

Like I need another guitar. But I'm still loving my Fullerton dread that I got when Music123 went broke. Man, this sucker is awesome. $100! (I actually bought two of them.)

• Members

But I'm still loving my Fullerton dread that I got when Music123 went broke. Man, this sucker is awesome. $100! (I actually bought two of them.)

I'm still kicking myself for passing on the $90 dollar Fullerton parlor and resonator at that time. I figured they had to be junk at that price, but it turned out not to be so.

• Members

But I'm still loving my Fullerton dread that I got when Music123 went broke. Man, this sucker is awesome. $100! (I actually bought two of them.)

I'm still kicking myself for passing on the $90 dollar Fullerton parlor and biscuit resonator at that time. I figured they had to be junk at that price, but it turned out not to be so.

• Members

So, for those who bought one of these Silver Creek D-170 gits on the MF Stupid deal, how was the git you received? I had mine shipped to my new home in SC so I just got to open it today. On initial inspection she appears to be a good one. The solid rosewood back is bookmatched perfectly and the solid spruce top is bookmatched well with a tight grain. The finish has no flaws (on this first inspection though a closer look is warranted in the next few days). A look inside shows no loose braces nor spilled glue and everything looks as clean as my Larrivee (which is a real compliment since my Larrivee is one well made git). Action out of the box is good enough to play without a setup though a good setup will make this git play like butter (I assume and we all know what that does). Tuning pegs, while cheap, feel good on this git though I may replace them at some future time. The cheapo pickguard will be the first thing to go replaced by either a better tortoise shell pickguard or a clear pickguard like I installed on my T-170. The first strum after tuning really impressed me. It has good lows and nice bright top end without it being thin. A real nice overall sound with very good volume. It even sounds good fingerpicked. I think after it opens up with playing it will have a real great sound. All in all this is one heck of a guitar for the price. At full price it would be worth more than twice the price.

So what is your experience?

:)

• Members

I really like mine! Workmanship is outstanding and it sounds super. I bought some brass bridge pins and silk-wound strings based on something I read on a review. Who knows, maybe it really will make it sound even better. Although, right now, as is, with stock strings that came on it, I'm impressed! What a bargain.

At first, I did not like the v-shaped neck but after playing it a lot, I don't notice it.

The spruce is very tight and rosewood matched well. A beaut.

I also like the small tuning pegs.

I will report back if I put the pins/strings on it.

Archived