TommyT5

• Members

Ello!

Got my first acoustic guitar the other day. It's a Greg Bennet/Samick or whatever D5, I traded a crappy Zoom G1X effects pedal for it. The strings kinda smell and im guessing the fingerboard is'nt very clean either. I want to take all the strings off at once and give the fretboard a good ol clean! Im scared the neck might warp or something while i do it.

. Will the neck warp?

. Do you guys have any acoustic-guitar-string changing tips?

. Which way should i turn the allen key if the neck bows inwards or whatever n stuff?

Don't worry about the truss rod unless you find a need to make neck relief adjustments.

No and everything should be fine if you change the strings. Regardless of one at a time or all at once, the neck should stay as it is. :thu:

This should help;

http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/SteelStrings/Stringing/ststringing1.html

• Members

Ello!

Got my first acoustic guitar the other day. It's a Greg Bennet/Samick or whatever D5, I traded a crappy Zoom G1X effects pedal for it. The strings kinda smell and im guessing the fingerboard is'nt very clean either. I want to take all the strings off at once and give the fretboard a good ol clean! Im scared the neck might warp or something while i do it.

. Will the neck warp?

. Do you guys have any acoustic-guitar-string changing tips?

. Which way should i turn the allen key if the neck bows inwards or whatever n stuff?

Go to www.frets.com enter the site, then scroll down the page to the acoustic guitar section......all of the answers, and a lot more, will be found right there!

• Members

Hello, Tommy,

Welcome to our little zoo, and congrats on your new guitar!!

You will get excellent advice here. First of all, listen to everything Gary Palmer, Guitar Stringer, Freeman Keller, and Bjorn Fjiord tell you. They are our resident luthiers and will give you expert advice.

Opa John's advice is right on, too. There is a lot to be learned at Frets.com - great site.

Glad to assist whenever we can, so don't be shy about asking questions.

• Members

Hello, Tommy,

Welcome to our little zoo, and congrats on your new guitar!!

You will get excellent advice here. First of all, listen to everything Gary Palmer, Guitar Stringer, Freeman Keller, and Bjorn Fjiord tell you. They are our resident luthiers and will give you expert advice.

Opa John's advice is right on, too. There is a lot to be learned at Frets.com - great site.

Glad to assist whenever we can, so don't be shy about asking questions.

welcome and congrats indeed :) ... once you have the strings off you can clean the fretboard with 0000 (thats four zeros!) grade steel wool, it brings it and the frets up nicely :thu: