Guitar Armrests

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I have them on my Stanford dread and Larrivee L-09. These particular guitars are noticeably improved by the armrest. Don't think they would be nearly as difficult to remove as a pickguard. It is a narrow strip of what looks like 3M auto fixture tape that holds them on. Should be very easy to remove if necessary.

• Members

:poke:Question...

How does the placement of said armrest effect the use of the hard case for the guitar? I can't imagine you just leave it on and pu it in the case. My Taylor fits rather snugly into it's cocoon, with not a lot of room to spare. Any input?

• Members

How does the placement of said armrest effect the use of the hard case for the guitar? I can't imagine you just leave it on and pu it in the case. My Taylor fits rather snugly into it's cocoon, with not a lot of room to spare. Any input?

All my guitars with armrests fit easily into their cases, no problem

• Members

That's precisely the problem I had w/ the Pearse Arm Rest...it made for such a tight fit that my Guild JF-4's case (actually a Larrivee Jumbo case) top soon seperated from the upper sides, right where the rest was located. On my Taylor 355, you could see the indentation (from the Pearse Arm Rest) through the (original Taylor brand luggage style) case.

Other than that, the Pearse Arm Rest is a great idea, and, hopefully, a solution will present itself eventually...maybe attaching/unattaching via velcro or something.

• Members

Before you buy/install one, you can determine if it'll make a difference by strummimg a chord hard, and lifting your arm off the guitar. I can hear it on my Harmony, not on my Yamaha. If you don't hear a difference, don't bother.

• Members

Before you buy/install one, you can determine if it'll make a difference by strummimg a chord hard, and lifting your arm off the guitar. I can hear it on my Harmony, not on my Yamaha. If you don't hear a difference, don't bother.

I've done that, and I hear a difference, a large enough of one to make me think its worth $35 per guitar to get an armrest.

• Members

I used one for a while on my bygone D-60. It made a difference, and fit in the case easily... But something about the thing always irked me, and I suspect that if I had kept it attached it might at some point have blown off my pecker.

So I removed it. Very easy, no mess at all. Hair dryer. Few minutes. Can't remember what I did with the thing. Would have made a good boomerang.

• Members

I agree completely. I did just this with 4 of my guitars. Martin and Gibson didn't seem as sensitive to arm pressure. Larrivee L-09, was just the opposite, as was my Stanford dread. The latter 2 now wear armrests and the tone/resonance is noticeably better than without.

• Members

I just did this test on my Alvarez MD60 and holy moly. There's quite a difference. I guess I will further look into these Armrests.

I've got an MD80 on the way, so we'll see how the test goes on that one. Also need to test the Yamaha.

Anyone know if they offer a discount if you order more than one?

Thanks for this thread! It's been quite helpful.

• Members

I used one for a while on my bygone D-60. It made a difference, and fit in the case easily... But something about the thing always irked me, and I suspect that if I had kept it attached it might at some point have blown off my pecker.

I had the EXACT same experience!

So I removed it. Very easy, no mess at all. Hair dryer. Few minutes. Can't remember what I did with the thing. Would have made a good boomerang.

I should have used a hair dryer taking mine off. It pulled up a small bit of finish along the binding from my HD-35 when I took it off. I used dental floss but did not warm it up. If I'd used a little heat, it would have been fine. Live and learn. Maybe I'll just put it back on and not worry so much about my pecker.:freak:

Archived