Thumb Pick Prices - who knows of a wholesaler?

totamus

• Members

I don't usually try to bypass the stores, but pick prices are ridiculous. For the fraction of a penny in cost, the sales price is way out of whack. It really gets me going to see thumb picks going for $1.00 apiece. About the best you can do anymore is $0.50 - $0.60 each.

I am, unfortunately, not a guy who still has the same pick that came with his first guitar. Far from it. The washing machine gets them, I leave them at gigs, and I lose a LOT of them to cats. Apparently, they are the ideal cat toy, and to be acquired at any cost.

I also have rather large hands and even large thumbpicks are a pretty tight fit. After using one for a while, they crack from the stress.

So I was surfing last night, figuring on getting a couple dozen, and couldnt find a place that wasn't outrageous in price.

I use either National or Fender. So if anyone can clue me into a place that sells these in bulk at a fair price, I would be quite grateful.

• Members

Thanks for the info. Guess I am gonna have pay what they are asking

OR...

You can do what I did. I kept ordering pizzas, and then I would club the delivery guys over the head and drag them down to my basement and make picks out of their cartilage. The 1.5mm ones are the best - for me. The only problem is that after two or three pizza guys, you have to move because the cops start to get wise.

BUT... the revenue from the nuts and saddles you can make from pizza guy bones more than covers the moving costs, plus you get a lot of free pizza.