Martin HD-16R LSH

tennisplayer

• Members

Ya, I wasn't necessarily saying there's anything wrong with how it sounds. My personal preference when I played some of the Martin lower (15, 16 etc...) series was more for the MMV. Wasn't far off from the D-28 IMO.

maybe off the topic a little bit, which is your favorite dreadnought among your guitars?

• Members

Ya, I wasn't necessarily saying there's anything wrong with how it sounds. My personal preference when I played some of the Martin lower (15, 16 etc...) series was more for the MMV. Wasn't far off from the D-28 IMO.

+1 for the MMV...when shopping around, the MMV was my favorite (even over many $2k+ Taylors and Martins), until I played the HD-16R LSH. The MMV is a fabulous "bang-for-your-buck" guitar, IMO. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, but the sustain and volume do seem to come through, especially when contrasted against Fstpicker's voice as he described the guitar.

Just a thought.....don't get mad or anything, cause I know you are a Martin fan, but have you tried a Gibson in a while? I have two in mind....A J45 ($1699 this weekend at GC) or a Gibson Advanced Jumbo. Not the rosewood versions, but the mahogany ones. Both have BOOM, balance, and a great look too.

Every time I go to GC I compare the D35, D16's, etc, and I keep coming back to the Gibsons. Maybe its me, but they really can push some air. The harder you pick or strum the clearer they become...whereas with the Martins, they seem to get lost in the lower end of the guitar.

I really like the 16's though. If I were to buy a Martin that's what it would be.

Archived