I played a Republic Parlor and a relic'd mini-Resolian

Stackabones

• Members

Dropped by a local mom-n-pop, Texas Music Lab, not too far from the Stackaranch today.

Stock #901

WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT

Stock #314 (I think it was this one.)

Pretty cool. I don't know much about resos, but this one sounded cool to me and felt great in my lap. The relic'd finish kinda made it look like an old Bialetti. Heavy and vibolicious.

I also played a handmade Tele thinline with P90s. Made by a guy named Marco, who lived and trained as a luthier in the Netherlands -- and then lived in Ireland for a dozen or so years. I'd love to hear that accent. All the woods were exotic (don't know what kind) and the P90s were from Switzerland and evidentally difficult to find. Neck was a good ole chuncky C shape. Beautiful work. I'm wondering if he makes gypsy jazz guitars.

• Members

Stock #901
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT

ButButButButButButButButButButButButButButBut

It's has .... ummmm... String retaining posts at the bridge! :facepalm:

(shhh, we aren't saying that phrase)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a review of the guitar on another board with a sound clip:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154674

The review you posted is actually a B-stock and the buyer said that his money including shipping was refunded totally and he even compliments the sound clip. So maybe they are luck of the draws...but they seem to be decent enough...I just picked one up off Ebay for three bills HSC included. Was a little miffed cause I missed a Seagull for 275 HSC and shipping included...but I'm not totally sold on cedar.

PS here's a youtube clip

which the guy wasn't strumming but even strummed still sounds fairly nice.

• Members

Here's a review of the guitar on another board with a sound clip:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154674

The review you posted is actually a B-stock and the buyer said that his money including shipping was refunded totally and he even compliments the sound clip. So maybe they are luck of the draws...but they seem to be decent enough...I just picked one up off Ebay for three bills HSC included. Was a little miffed cause I missed a Seagull for 275 HSC and shipping included...but I'm not totally sold on cedar.

PS here's a youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5IqHPEJISY
which the guy wasn't strumming but even strummed still sounds fairly nice.

Great post. Welcome aboard! :wave:

Those clips sound fairly accurate to me ... at least, they are pretty close to what I recall the guitar sounding like. GAS.

Archived