New strings and buzz

Kentrel

• Members

I tend to leave it far too long before changing strings which is why I don't come across this problem so often. But I just changed them and I'm getting more buzz than usual from the Low E and A. I've checked, and everything seems to be fine, except the way I wrap strings on the tuners tends to be a little amateurish.

The strings have no problem staying in tune, so not sure what else to look for.

Like before I only get this problem shortly after changing strings. After a few days or a week it tends to go away.

• Members

I tend to leave it far too long before changing strings which is why I don't come across this problem so often. But I just changed them and I'm getting more buzz than usual from the Low E and A. I've checked, and everything seems to be fine, except the way I wrap strings on the tuners tends to be a little amateurish.

The strings have no problem staying in tune, so not sure what else to look for.

Like before I only get this problem shortly after changing strings. After a few days or a week it tends to go away.

Very probably your windings, a poorly seated ball-end, or uneven nut slot.

Do you change all strings at once or one at a time? If all at once it could be the neck relaxing and bringing an already low action lower.

• Members

Very probably your windings, a poorly seated ball-end, or uneven nut slot.

Do you change all strings at once or one at a time?
If all at once it could be
the neck relaxing and bringing an already low action lower

thats exactly what happened with my Crafter T-035 a while ago when I changed strings.

• Members
A bit conceited are we, Gary
;)
? Anyone who disagrees with you is probably wrong and a liar, right
:cop:
?

Below the belt a bit there weren't you. Try aiming higher, but there again you added nothing to what was a genuine attempt at helping resolve a problem so I suppose that says something. ;)

The problem areas I'd listed are the most common sources of this problem. There are more, but the simplest ones are the commonest faults and best eliminated in the hope of resolving the problem before delving deeper. Hence the reason behind my saying there's a good chance I'm right.

It'd be a bit cack handed of me if I offered ding-bat suggestions along the lines of "Just one of those flukes I guess".

• Members
The problem areas I'd listed are the most common sources of this problem. There are more, but the simplest ones are the commonest faults and best eliminated in the hope of resolving the problem before delving deeper. Hence the reason behind my saying there's a good chance I'm right.

I wasn't doubting your expertise at all, Gary...just jerking your chain a little bit :wave:.

Archived