Sad times in our area.

KATMAN

• Members

A local guitar store owner passed away earlier this week.This was one of my favorite music stores.While we have a Guitar Center,there's nothing like going to a locally owned place to do you buisness.The guys there know me by name,there's not a hundred salesman running around.I've bought many a guitar there and I will truely miss it if the place sells out or closes.Maybe it's because I bought my first guitar there.While there are other guitar stores around,I'll always have a place for Ben Jacks.:cry:

• Members

It was a small store when I first went there and then moved to a newly built two story store.It's pretty good size.The staff has changed over the years,but friendly just the same.I liked his old horn section.Story was some kids were waiting for the school bus when Ben ran over a trumpet.He bought the kid a new horn and put the runned over one in the corner by the counter with a sign that said "Our Horn Section". Always got a laugh over that.

• Members

there are some great smaller online stores out there. They have a small store, yet saw the writing on the wall on getting an online presence. Places like Wildwoold Guitars and Willcutt Guitars. People that will deal with you without some corporate overlord over them dictating what they can and can't deal on.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes you can get a great deal at a MF/GC/Music123 (all owned by the same company btw), but I'd rather help out the smaller guy. That's just me.

• Members

I guess I'll take my buisness with Blue Moon Music if Ben Jacks closes.It's a decent store and the only one where the owner is a luthier.I haven't felt this sad since my favorite luthier/tech passed away 10 years ago.I like a place that has used guitars as well.Not very many do that any more.

Archived