My amp and my guitar don't seem to like each other

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I've got a Parker P6E as my acoustic/electric and a Crate TX50 as my amp. In trying out different guitar and amp combinations, I've noticed something. With other acoustic amps my Parker sounds considerably better than the other guitars I've tried through them. However, when through my TX50 they are all about the same.

Any ideas why this is, and any tweaks I could do to fix it?

• Members

So what you're saying is that your Parker sounds better with other acoustic amps than it sounds with your Crate? Do other guitars sound better with other amps than they sound with your Crate? If that's the case, then you might just need to get a new amp :idk:.

If not . . . man. I don't know . . . I'd imagine you've probably already done this extensively, but just keep messing with the settings on your Crate and your guitar until you can get a good sound. If you can't get something you like, no matter how hard you try, than it's probably not something that can be easily fixed with a tweak. I suppose you could try swapping out the speakers on your Crate, but that's a fairly expensive mod and there's no guarantee it'll do any good.

• Members

To clarify:

1. I tried my Parker and other guitars with various amps at various stores, and the Parker has always sounded better.

2. I have tried various other guitars with my amp, and my Parker sounds about as good as all the other guitars I have tried.

Sorry my first post was a little confusing.

• Members

So everything sounds similar quality on the Crate.

Seems the amp is the limiting factor.

Didn't think of it that way. I am getting another amp soon, getting an awesome deal on an Fender Acoustasonic, but I'll keep the Crate TX50 because being able to go anywhere without having to worry about finding a power outlet is a big plus.

Archived