Daughter interested in guitar now...

jd-drafter

• Members

nice... i actually had a
Norman
once, same builder i think?... my dad picked it out, cedar topped i think. hard times led to the sale of it back to my dad... that and i was not really getting how to play... a definite option.

Yep...Normans are great guitars. They are the guitars that Robert Godin started manufacturing over 30 years ago. Before LaPatrie (classical models), Seagull, Simon & Patrick or Art & Lutherie. He bought the original Norman guitar company from Normand Boucher in I believe 1970 or a bit later. All Canadian acoustic guitarists have either owned or have seen Norman guitars around.

If your dad still has it maybe he'll let you have it back?

• Members

update...

we went with a nice steel string 3/4 dread johnson guitar- blue in color.

not the ideal option but the local shop cut me a decent deal and will work with us if the daughter just has to go another way.

it has a nice setup on it- low with no buzzing- and included a gig bag...

thanks again for all the input- it was much appreciated and will be kept in mind for future purchases...

• Members

update...

we went with a nice steel string 3/4 dread johnson guitar- blue in color.

not the ideal option but the local shop cut me a decent deal and will work with us if the daughter just has to go another way.

it has a nice setup on it- low with no buzzing- and included a gig bag...

thanks again for all the input- it was much appreciated and will be kept in mind for future purchases...

Hope she enjoys it. What model was it? Was it about $80?

Archived